IS THERE ANY PROFITABLE FOREX TRADER

I have yes. Was it easy? No. Was it worth it? Maybe. Do I still do it? Yes. Do I love it? Yes.
Should you do it? NO.
I don’t know a single trader (and I know very few real profitable traders who trade their own account for a living, couple here on Quora do) who would ever suggest that anyone try trading.
And I don’t know how you quantify success as trading for a living? Pulling in enough money to pay my mortgage, wifes car, my truck, food, electricity, fund my own retirement, having disposable income, etc etc… if that is success then sure, I guess I am successful.
But there is a word that is more important to describe someone who trades for a living:
Profitable.
Becoming profitable was hell. It is not a journey I would ever want to go on again. When you almost lose everything, including your family and nearly your sanity, you begin to question not only why are you still doing this (because you’ve already asked yourself that question a million times), you start to ask yourself questions like, “is it worth coming back from this?” “Will I survive?” “I must be the stupidest person in the world, right?” “How can I face my family with this failure?”
I’ve said it before to questions like this: When I finally became profitable, I was not happy. I was relieved that I survived.
Trading is an emotional and psychological gauntlet that will destroy you. Oh, I bet some folks are reading that and thinking to themselves they are the masters of knowing themselves and pass off what I am saying as overly dramatic.
It’s not over dramatic.
And anyone who thinks to the contrary is doomed to failure. Anyone who thinks they can approach this career because they learned Elliot Wave theory, read a couple books on candlesticks and/or learned about Fibonnaci retracements is primed for being another casualty of the market.
But God damn it, it’s the most fun and exciting thing I’ve ever done. And I get to do it from my own home office.
Also:
You are going to get drowned by answers from people telling you things like, “Just plan your trade and trade your plan! Also, sign up for my signal service.” Or “I have, just look at this 1000 pip trade I made, join my chat room and group.” They are all just internet door-to-door salesmen.

Comments